We are very sad to announce that due to the enforced stage 3 lock down restrictions in regional Victoria coming into effect from 11:59pm on Wednesday 5th August, our clubhouse operations will be closed (bistro, view room, TAB) but there will be staff working Mon-Fri office hours to answer your calls and emails. If you have any questions please contact the clubhouse on (03) 5259 2492 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Golf is still being played but under tighter restrictions, see below:
- If you reside in Stage 4 lock down areas you can not play golf at Portarlington GC.
- Groups of 2 only (outside gathering number is now 2 not 10)
- No Competitions can be played (social golf only)
- Practice facilities have to close (putting green, chipping green, practice nets and driving range)
- Face mask to be still worn unless you have a lawful reason for not wearing one.
- Pro Shop hire golf carts can only be used if you have a disability, over the age of 65 or have special needs.
- Hire clubs and pull buggies can not be used.
- Strictly MEMBERS ONLY.
All Scheduled club competitions have been cancelled for the next 6 weeks and only social golf will be available.
As the restrictions only allow groups of 2 and with the requirement of trying to maintain 100 meters distance between groups (as stated on the Dept of health website) we will be commencing rounds from the first tee only.
Player numbers will be severely impacted during this time. If tee times commence at 7:30am – 3:30pm we can only cater for 122 golfers each day.
Time sheets and bookings that had previously been made for the upcoming Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday will all be deleted and new social play time sheets will be become available for bookings on Tuesday 4th August at the following times.
Thursday 6th August will open at 3:00pm
Friday 7th August will open at 3:15pm
Saturday 8th August will open at 3:30pm
Sunday 9th August will open at 3:45pm
Monday 10th August will open at 4:00pm
Tuesday 11th August will open at 4:15pm
From Wednesday 12th August time sheets will revert to opening at 14:00 8 days prior.
During this 6 week lock down our golf club will revert to a MEMBERS ONLY facility. This is to ensure that members have an opportunity to play golf every day plus being compliant in trying to limit the spread of the virus.
A common question we have had over the last few days and i have taken this answer off the Dept of Health Victoria website. This question relates to people living under Stage 3 Lock down areas.
I am a member of a golf course 30 kilometres away and there is a public course around the corner from my house, am I allowed to play golf at the course 30km away?
If you are a member of a sporting club then you can attend, provided the club is permitted to open under the restrictions. If you live in stage 4 lock down Melbourne Area you are unable to leave your house to play golf.
The intent of the lock downs is to reduce the amount of people travelling and congregating within the community at different locations.
IT IS VITALLY IMPORTANT WE ADHERE TO ALL OF REQUIREMENTS IF WE WISH TO REMAIN PLAYING GOLF. IF YOU COME TO THE GOLF CLUB TO PLAY GOLF CAN YOU PLEASE ENSURE YOU DO THE FOLLOWING
- ALL GOLF MUST BE BOOKED ON THE TIME SHEET PRIOR TO ARRIVING TO THE COURSE. NO WALK UP GOLF.
- ARRIVE TO THE COURSE NO EARLIER THAN 10 MINUTES BEFORE YOUR HIT OFF TIME. IF YOU ARRIVE EARLY SIT IN YOUR CAR.
- DO NOT USE THE PRACTICE AREAS.
- PLAY IN YOUR GROUP OF 2 (DO NOT JOIN UP WITH ANOTHER GROUP DURING YOUR ROUND).
- WEAR YOUR FACE COVERING.
- KEEP SOCIAL DISTANCING.
- WHEN YOUR ROUND IS COMPLETED YOU NEED TO LEAVE THE FACILITY.
GOLF IS SEEN AGAIN AS TURN UP, PLAY GOLF, GO HOME.